Technological innovations for hydrometallurgy
Ancor Tecmin is constantly developing technological innovations focused on improving production and security of electrolytic tank houses. Many of these products and processes are patented in Chile and the world.
The engineering department of Ancor Tecmin consists of a team of highly trained professionals with extensive experience in designing own products such as Cells, Capping Boards, Aeration Systems, etc. by using state-of-the-art technology tools for three-dimensional product design and finite element technique for performing sophisticated structural analysis such as analysis of energy balances, mechanical impacts on the cells, thermal shock by transient states of cell fast filling, etc.
It has developed in recent years, multidisciplinary projects for mining from the design stage to the construction stage complying with the highest industry standards, these projects have been developed in Chile and abroad, including the following:
- Advanced Study on Cell Replacement, Customer: Met-Mex Peñoles, Mexico, 2007
- Implementation of Air Distribution System in Cells, Customer: Compañía Minera Cerro Verde FMI, Peru, 2008
- Cell Replacement Refinery 3, Customer: CODELCO Chuquicamata, Chile, 2008
- Controlled Air Distribution System in Cells, Customer: CODELCO Gaby, Chile, 2009
- Controlled Air Distribution System in Cells, Customer: CODELCO Radomiro Tomic, Chile, 2010
- Design and Construction of SX and EW Equipment, Customer: Compañía Minera Pampa Camarones, Chile, 2013
In addition, the Engineering Department of AT has experience in the design and construction in other areas such as:
- FRP tanks for SX plants
- Piping for SX and EW plants
- Estructuras Metálicas en plantas SX y EW
- Civil Works in SX and EW plants
- Instrumentation and Control in SX and EW plants
Finally, it is noteworthy that this department is responsible for the analysis, design and logistics of the cell for the 320K project of Votorantim Metais, Peru, which is currently the world’s largest cell.
Technological innovations of Ancor Tecmin are protected by a series of patents, both in Chile and the world.
It has more than 10 patents awarded and several others in process, in different products and processes such as:
- Supertank Cells
- Aeration System
- Polymer composite materials
- Processes of monitoring, control and management of Electrolytic Plants
- Electrical insulators
- A series of innovations still confidential